Shaw Trust is committed to a fully diverse and representative workforce, where diversity and inclusion is embedded in everything we undertake. The Shaw Trust Strategic Directive 2030, sets out a commitment to achieve the following:
- No artificial barriers or ceilings to advancement whatever the individual’s background.
- Positive action where appropriate to shape our workforce.
- Creating safe spaces for anyone in our workforce – especially those with Protected Characteristics.
Shaw Trust is committed to ensuring that everything we do, has a positive impact on the people that we support and that we close the gap in achievement and outcomes for disadvantaged or underrepresented groups.
To achieve these commitments, we have put the following measures in place:
- Diversity and Inclusion Policy, which sets out our commitment to closing the gap in achievement and outcomes for staff and people that we support.
- Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, which sets out how we will achieve these ambitions and commitments
- An ambitious five year Diversity and Inclusion Plan, which sets out the activities we will undertake to remove barriers and meet the commitments and ambitions outlined in the Strategic Directive, with a particular focus on:
- Improving the impact of the advice, guidance and support we provide to help people enter good quality employment, apprenticeships, education and training.
- Learning and development.
- Inclusive recruitment and selection practices.
- Targeted talent development activities.
- Adding Social Value to the communities where we work.
Progress reports are regularly provided to the Shaw Trust Board.
- Diversity and Inclusion Working Group – which works collaboratively to ensure we are embedding best practice throughout the group and are on track to achieve our ambitious targets.
- Staff Network Groups – Disabled Employee Network, Racial Equality Network, LGBTQ+ Network. These groups provide a ‘safe space’ for staff to share ideas, make suggestions and provide feedback on how our plans are working and our impact.
- Diversity Calendar to celebrate and raise awareness about the lived experience of staff and people that we support.
For further information, please contact Michelle Jackson, EDI Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org.