Notice for users of this website
Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.shawtrust.org.uk
Shaw Trust is committed to protecting your personal data and also to ensuring that your rights to privacy are protected. In order to be open and transparent, the Trust wants you to know that:
1) Shaw Trust is the Data Controller of the information you supply.
2) Shaw Trust has a Data Protection Officer, and contact details for this person may be obtained by writing to the Data Protection Mailbox (email@example.com).
3) The information we collect from you on this website and subsequently process may include your contact details (name, address, telephone numbers, email address etc.) and any other data that is required for the purposes of enabling Shaw Trust to provide you with the appropriate guidance, support or services that you seek. It may also include sensitive / special information that you choose to provide, such as:
a) your racial or ethnic origin (only for statistical purposes)
b) data concerning your health.
4) The information is collected and will be processed so that the Trust may assess your suitability for the UK IT Challenge.
5) In particular, the Trust has the following legal bases for the processing of your personal data: o For non-special / non-sensitive data:
where it is necessary for the performance of any contract you may have with the Trust, or to take steps to enter into such a contract
where it is necessary for the purposes of the Trust’s legitimate interests
For special / sensitive data:
where it has been manifestly made public by you. In addition to the above bases, the Trust will process your personal data where it has received your explicit, freely given consent,
for example by ticking a consent check box on the data collection form.
6) The information may be shared with third parties for administration and/or management purposes, where it is necessary or desirable and lawful for the Trust to do so. However, the Trust will share only the minimum information that is necessary.
7) The information will not be processed outside the European Economic Area without your prior written consent.
8) The information will be retained for as long as is necessary pursuant to clauses 4 and 5 above and in accordance with clause 9 below. When the information is no longer required, it will be destroyed securely.
9) You have certain rights, which include:
the right to obtain access to your personal data (what personal data of yours the Trust holds)
the right to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
the right to request the deletion or removal of personal data where we are not otherwise entitled to retain and process such data and there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
the right to restrict or suppress the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances. Further information is available upon request
the right to withdraw consent at any time, where relevant
the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer for details of how an application may be made.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.