Are you based in West London and looking for work?
Are you sending a lot of job applications and not hearing back?
Are job interviews not turning into job offers?
The JETS Programme might be the programme for you. If you are on Universal Credit/Job Seekers Allowance (for 13 weeks or more) then you are likely eligible for career support from Shaw Trust.
What is The JETS Programme?
The JETS Programme is designed to help you with the practical skills you need to relaunch your career. The programme offers up to six months of continuous and effective support delivered online. Aimed at the newly unemployed who need to polish their skillset, you’ll have a dedicated employment advisor who will provide advice, guidance and support to get you back into work swiftly.
You will gain the following from being on the JETS programme:
- A dedicated Employment Advisor.
- Introduction to local employers.
- Direct access to exclusive live job vacancies.
- Skills building workshops and one on one sessions with employability professionals.
- A personalised action plan to work through any barriers.
- Access to nationally recognised courses which can be added to your CV.
What kind of vacancies can I expect to find through JETS programmes?
Our dedicated employment teams work across a huge range of vacancies, meaning that whether you work in graphic design or as chef, we can help you reach your goals.
Currently we are working on roles at all levels across a range of industries including:
- Healthcare (Clerical, Nursing, Healthcare Assistants, Administration).
- Hospitality (Hotels, Pubs, Restaurants, Reception, Retail).
- Human Resources.
- IT (Programming, Developing, Support, Graphic Design).
- Charity and Public Sector.
Am I eligible for the Jets Programme?
To be eligible you must:
- Be of working age (18 years old to State Pension age).
- Have the right to reside and enter employment in England.
- In receipt of Universal Credit or New Style Jobseekers Allowance for at least 13 weeks.
- Be motivated to find work.
What areas are being supported?
We are working with the West London Alliance to support residents of Barnet, Brent, Ealing Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow and Hammersmith and Fulham.
How can I join the JETS Programme?
You can refer yourself to us directly by clicking here. Enter your details and a member or our team will contact you.
Alternatively, you can email us on WLAintegration@shaw-trust.org.uk.
Read some success stories:
- JETS helped Olga believe in herself and her skills again
- “I finally feel I am good enough” – How JETS has helped Angel
- Judith secures a job with JETS after nearly a year of unemployment