Walk into Work is a jobs fair where you will meet local employers and also be able to take part in a 5K walk and exercise sessions.
About this event
Shaw Trust Walk into Work Jobs Fair is designed to be an event with a difference. It is a hybrid event which gives residents around Ealing and Hounslow and jobseekers who currently receive employment support from Shaw Trust the opportunity to:
- Walk and talk with Shaw Trust employment advisors to discuss career goals and fulfilling their employment aspirations by joining one of our West London Alliance (WLA) sponsored employment programmes.
- Participate in exercise activities at Gunnersbury Park Sports Hub, some of which will be accessible, and experience how exercise can impact their lives.
- Attend a jobs fair to speak employers who will be there to promote job vacancies in the local area.
What type of companies are planning to exhibit?
You can expect companies within Education, IT, Healthcare, Tourism, Apprenticeships, Hospitality, Social Work, Events Management, Retail, Supermarkets and Construction.
What are the timings for the day?
- At 9:30am, the day starts with a 5K walk of the park – marshalled and supervised by Shaw Trust staff.
- Exercise taster sessions, ranging from chair yoga to spinning classes, starting at 11:00am and running up until 2:30pm.
- From 9:30am to 4:30pm our invited employers will be promoting their current job opportunities to all attendees.
The Gunnersbury Park Sports Hub is a new family friendly gym and sports complex located within Gunnersbury Park, just a short walk from Acton, Chiswick and Brentford.
Gunnersbury Park Sports Hub, Popes Lane, London, W3 8LQ.
Attendees can be part of all three events or choose to participate and attend the sessions they wish. If you intend to participant in the 5K walk and exercise taster sessions then please wear clothing that is comfortable and you are happy to exercise in.
Tickets to the Walk into Work Jobs Fair are completely free. The event is open to anyone and everyone who is looking for employment support or career opportunities.
Book your place
Click here to book your place.