The WHP: JETS programme is designed to help you if you are recently unemployed and need some extra support to find work. The programme offers support for up to six months and you’ll have a dedicated employment advisor who will provide advice, guidance and support.
In addition, you will also have access to our online portal featuring the latest local vacancies and a range of job search resources.
We also work with local delivery partners who will help you develop effective job search techniques, identify their transferable skills and match these to suitable vacancies.
Who is eligible for WHP: JETS?
To be eligible for WHP: JETS you must:
- Be working age (18 years old to State Pension age).
- Have the right to reside and enter employment in England.
- Be in receipt of Universal Credit and in the “Intensive Work Search Regime” group or New Style Jobseekers Allowance.
- Have been unemployed and in receipt of one of the above benefits for at least 13 weeks.
- Be motivated to find work and require light touch employment support.
What (WHP) JETS can offer you
- Advice and guidance on identifying your transferable skills and matching these to current vacancies.
- Support from trained advisors and coaches to develop employability skills including CV development, making effective job application and interview techniques.
- Targeted support from local delivery providers with job applications, vacancy matching, developing presentation and communication skills and much more.
- You’ll grow in confidence and learn how to succeed in job applications.
- Full access to the Shaw Trust Participant Portal, your essential online guide full of resources, training, video tutorials and live vacancies providing you the right support.
- Advice and training in Covid-19 employment skills including physical and virtual workplace etiquette, sector-based workplace hygiene, digital job skills, virtual interview techniques, all helping to reduce -Covid-19 anxiety.
- Access to self-employment support for those who want to explore running their own business.
- Direct links to employers and local vacancies to allow jobseekers to gain the inside track.
How to be referred to (WHP) JETS?
Home counties and Central England:
To be referred to (WHP) JETS, jobseekers need to talk to their Jobcentre Plus Work Coach.
You can refer yourself to us directly by clicking here. Enter your details and a member or our team will contact you.
Alternatively, you can email us on WLAintegration@shaw-trust.org.uk.
Areas supported in West London: we are working with the West London Alliance to support residents of Barnet, Brent, Ealing Harrow, Hillingdon, Hounslow and Hammersmith and Fulham.