Do you dream of owning your own business, becoming self-employed and being your own boss?
The government’s New Enterprise Allowance (NEA) programme could help you get your business up and running within six months. Successful applicants get access to a business mentor, financial support and may be able to apply for a loan of up to £25,000 to help with start-up costs.
To find out if you qualify speak to your JobCentre Plus Work Coach. They can give you more information about the NEA programme, check your eligibility and potential financial allowance.
The programme will equip you to:
- Develop your business idea with the support and guidance of an experienced Business Mentor (includes advice on business planning, budgeting and cash-flow forecasting)
- Start trading and grow your business
- A valid business idea
- Over 18 and resident in the UK
- Claiming Job Seeker’s Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support or Universal Credit
- Energy, drive and ambition
Watch Anthony’s Story
Watch Edge of the Box, the event for entrepreneurs