Our Supported Internships offer education and high quality on the job training within a range of different roles across retail, hospitality, manufacturing and horticulture at one of our locations across the UK. During your internship you will:
- Gain experience working in a fully functioning business.
- Learn new skills to help you progress into full time employment.
- Have the opportunity to gain accredited and practical qualifications so you will feel more confident and prepared to find work.
We offer two types of Supported Internship opportunities:
- Opportunities based within Shaw Trust Horticulture Enterprises. To find out more about horticulture opportunities contact us.
- Opportunities within external retail and hospitality businesses. To find out more about our retail and hospitality opportunities contact us.
So if you are under 25 years of age with an active Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) get in touch with us today to find out how we can help you.
Why start a supported internship with us?
Our team have over 30 years’ experience of providing assessment, employability, transitional support, job brokerage, job coaching and in-work mentoring to young people and adults with learning disabilities. We have significant experience of delivering outstanding OFSTED traineeship and apprenticeship provision for young people with additional needs. We are the prime providers of Careers Guidance Services for young people with Education Health Care Plans across 18 local authorities in England.
Progression in to employment
Our goal is to help you find and sustain work. As your internship comes to an end our team will connect you with local employers and facilitate visits, trials and selection to help you find work. If you require further support to gain a job and stay in work, we can create paid “Supported Employment” opportunities that will provide you with a safety net and help you in and outside of the workplace.